Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where Would I Be Without St Michel?

First things first...I found a very important article that you should read. ESPECIALLY if you are at work right now and not wanting to work. Thank me later, here you go...http://www.forkparty.com/scenarios-that-would-be-awesome-to-drive-the-batmobile-to/

It feels SO GOOD to be back home to St Michel. I love me some adventures, but it's hard to beat it here. Andrew and Philippe had just finished re-building this super old wall the day before I got home, so I was just in time to celebrate. Earlier that morning Andrew had whispered to me that they randomly found some fancy bottle of pink champagne and that they decided it was for the wall. Around lunch time (when all the important things happen), we gather by the wall and start popping champagne like it was New Years. Our English friend Simon stopped by and the neighbor David also. We had a nice little gang going on for it being noon and all on a Monday. I kept my cool with the drinking though since I had to manage to drive to the boulangerie and to take Andrew and I on an adventure to some caves later that day. Andrew got to keep chuggin' down the wine though, so I got to pull another "Driving Miss Daisy" and haul his ass around. We arrived at the Grotte de Tourtoirac and had to wait for a lame French group to join us (this means not much explanation in English). Once we took the elevator down though, I didn't give a shit what language our guide was talking in, I was too busy being in awe of this ridiculous cave I was in. I felt like I was in a deleted scene from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."
The stalagmites and tites looked like marshmallows and shiny candy. I told Andrew to hold me back if I got excited and tried to lick anything. I figured I should prepare him. And of course there were no pictures allowed but the French bitch in front of me kept snapping shots, so I decided to use her as my shield while I took my own photos. It was so crazy to go from daylight in a little building on land, to taking an elevator underground into the dark to these outrageous caves. I was a total nerd and loved it. That was about the extent of that day, besides dinner of course (always good), since I had to be up at 4am to take Andrew to his train.

No comments:

Post a Comment