Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brigitte....Did You Grab My Ass?

Sorry, somehow there is a good kitten picture for EVERYTHING
Sorry, there was no ass grabbing, I guess it would have been more of a pinch though. Rocks were being shot at me and it was not enjoyable. Since there are no men around, Brigitte and I were forced to tend to the lawn the other day. This lawn is not small or easy to take care of. I was in charge of the gigantic lawn mower with a Honda engine...bad idea. And Brigitte had the weed cutter that straps on like a back pack. We looked pretty badass and ready to cut some grass but the actual work of doing it was a bit rough. This lawn mower I had looked super old but my arms were sore after an hour of trying to hold onto the damn thing. It felt like I was walking 20 big dogs. If I didn't pull back on the mower, I was going to be pulled through France by this thing, it was pretty mean. And then Brigitte's weed cutter would hit rocks and shoot them through the yard. We had to close all the shutters around the doors so that we didn't break the glass. This meant that I got hit by the rocks instead though. I would get a sharp jab somewhere, often straight to the ass, and realize it was just Brigitte with the weed cutter. I was getting used to the whole "womens work" thing and starting to like it. Now, they have to send a woman (me) to do a man's job.

I already had one, so why not two?
Today I got to wash cars for an upcoming inspection, that surely hadn't been washed or vacuumed since the last time they had to be inspected. I think this "control" that cars go through every 2 years is similar to our emissions tests. Yesterday, Philippe was explaining to me how to clean the inside of the car, which was absolutely ridiculous but it's a good thing he showed me I guess, because there is no way I would clean a car how he does. According to Philippe, you wash the cloth seats of a car with a soaped up sponge and you cover everything else with this horribly toxic spray. It didn't seem to make sense what he was telling me to do, but I did it anyway and he seemed very pleased when I was finished. Luckily tomorrow I get to be a girl and bake apple pie most of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Soon you will be a pro in all that is considered "mans" work when you get back. ;) <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'm half dude already it feels like :) Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete