Monday, April 25, 2011

French Bikers, Death Rap and Ping Pong...? Ya, That's Right.

Sorry this week has been so busy! I ended up at a "Garden of Imaginery(translates something like that)" Then we went to a 14th century city and off to an awesome old castle. I need to get pictures up soon! So the last few days have been busy with work, checking out the surrounding areas and the usual drinking.

This weekend was the busiest I have seen it yet at St Michel. Brigitte overbooked us, so I was sleeping at the neighbor's place with her daughter and Brigitte ended up sleeping  in her office last night. It's a bit hectic at night to say the least. On Friday night 6 French bikers pulled up and parked their shiny new rides in the barn. I think if there was a way to sleep on their bikes they would have, or maybe even just lay the bikes down and spoon them in a circle. This morning Philippe said he saw them shaving outside next to their bikes. Oh Putain! Friday night though, Jean, Andrew and I went to the bar/barn to play some ping pong and relax and then once dinner was totally over, all the bikers came to check on their bikes (as if they would go anywhere). Andrew had his I-Pod on random, so we would go from a random funk song to death rap, I don't know if the French speakers understood much of the music either way. So we started getting into some ping pong with the bikers and this lone French couple that looked very proper, I have no idea how they came along for the party, but they arrived and were ready to hang. The woman kicked ass at ping pong. It was a pretty funny sight to see this woman with orthopedic looking shoes and an ankle length dress owning at ping pong. The badass guy with the huge biker jacket wasn't so badass anymore. That is most likely why he gave up and went back to stroke his motorcycle and talk about how fast it can go. We went to get another couple of bottles of wine to keep the party going since the bikers were about ready to make their own with whatever they could find around the barn. As usual, I wished that I could understand them, but I'm sure I would have been just as confused listening to them talk about motorcycles. The next day I woke up pretty sick and not with a hangover. I think that's what a few people thought, but it was more of me not being able to breath all night with congestion. It was awesome. I could hardly move in the morning so I slept most of the day. Last night I put together an "Irish Cure" as I called it and got some odd looks yesterday, as well as, today. It started out with some white wine (Philippe told me it would work), then I added a shot of whiskey (the real Irish part) and then red wine and then Brigitte helped me out with another special mix to cure my cold. Altogether, I woke up this morning feeling much better. I have a new recipe to cure any cold now. Yet another thing I learned in France. I am always staying educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment