Monday, June 20, 2011

Homeless in Ohio

Cincinnati
Toledo
I spent about a week catching up with people in Cincinnati and wondering why I came back to Cincinnati at all. Seeing friends was obviously great, but it certainly isn't easy to leave the beauty of France to return to the butt ass ugly of Ohio. I also got the good old Subaru checked out to make sure nothing too major was wrong for the return to Seattle. I replaced something small, but the rest of the stuff that could have used fixing could wait (according to the car guy). The day came that it was time to make the drive to Toledo to stay with my sister. I wasn't sure if my boxes would fit in my car and it definitely looked like it would be a close call. The last thing that I needed to happen was to have things not fit. Luckily, I don't own much and I managed to squeeze every last thing that I own into my car and I was off! The scenery didn't exactly improve though by heading to Toledo. If you can imagine, I think it got worse. Yes, there is worse than brown murky water and flat land. Of course, my car was acting a little weird on the drive so I figured a second look couldn't hurt. And it's not like I had much to do for two weeks anyway without a job and all. I headed to Chicago Tuesday and my car went in Wednesday. I needed to get some city time since the suburban life was causing hives and anxiety. Well, maybe not the hives but I am pretty sure the anxiety was actually starting to kick in. On my last day in Chicago, I found out that those problems I was told I didn't need to fix, I should in fact fix. The Subaru has put up a good fight, but putting more money in it and driving it back to Seattle didn't make sense anymore.  Luckily, the car guy knew a guy with a used car lot, he drove my car for ten minutes and wrote me a check. Well, that was sure easy. I guess everything really does work out. Now that I don't have a home, job or car...I am officially homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment